Introducing Chris Wright:
Chris is a former Olympian and current nationally accredited Silver Licence (Advanced) swimming coach who has a successful history of coaching high-performing athletes, squads and clubs throughout Queensland.
Chris’s swimming and coaching achievements include:
• Accredited Silver Licence (Advanced) swimming coach
• Coaching alongside Australian and Olympic Team Coach Michael Bohl the past 4 years at Griffith University
• Coaching multiple Australian and Queensland age group medallist’s and finalists
• Assisted numerous Australian National Team Swimmers at Griffith University including Emma McKeon, Emily Seebohm, Taylor McKeown, Grant Irvine and Thomas Fraser Holmes
• Dual Australian Commonwealth Games and World Championships Swim Team Representative
• Australian Olympic Team Representative (100m & 200m Butterfly)
• Current 200m Butterfly Australian Short Course Record Holder (1min 51.11sec)
• Chris is related to Australian Olympic Swimming Gold Medalist Susie O’Neill. Susie has had a lot to do with Chris making the jump to international level competition introducing him to his first elite level program.
• Chris is such a big fan of the Australian Cricket team that he used to emulate cricket shots behind the blocks to relax him before he raced!
• Chris popped the question to fellow Australian Olympic Swimmer Melanie Schlanger and she said Yes! They got married in September 2014. Chris and Melanie have two kids Madison and Thomas.
• Graduated Griffith University Gold Coast in 2017 with a design degree majoring in architectural studies.
We are extremely excited to have Chris join our Swim Fit Cotton Tree Team,
Welcome to Swim Fit, Chris!!