Our Bubs and Bumps classes are 45 minute sessions held in a warm and relaxing environment with exercises prescribed by women's health professionals.
This class is ideal for the management of back, pelvic, muscular pain, blood circulation, flexibility, posture, swilling, tension head aches and improved sleep patterns.
Booking is essential as numbers are limited - please contact the Centre directly to make a booking - Your first session is FREE!
Please have a read through our FAQ below -
|Cotton Tree - 5443 5601||Time|
|Tuesday||5.45 - 6.30pm|
|Thursday||5.45 - 6.30pm|
|Nerang - 5578 1976|
|Monday||5.00 - 5.45pm|
Frequently Asked Questions:
What can I expect?
• A 45 minute class consisting of water based exercises in a heated pool.
• Exercises focus on core and pelvic floor safe activity.
• A combination of cardio, strengthening and stretching aimed at maintaining fitness levels, strengthening your entire body with a special emphasis on core and pelvic floor and stretching the areas that we know need some extra attention!
• Small + personalized classes with highly trained instructors.
• A fun and nurturing atmosphere with plenty of friendships to be made.
Why in the pool?
• Exercising in water is a great alternative to land based exercise as the buoyancy of the water allows for a low impact, but challenging workout.
• Options to suit all fitness levels – you can work at your own pace!
• Great way for those with lower back pain or pelvic girdle pain to maintain fitness and strength throughout pregnancy
• You can exercise right up until your due date as you can often move more freely in the water. There is also research that supports exercising in water late into pregnancy due to the positive effects that it has on increasing blood flow and improving swelling.
• Post natally, pool based exercise is a great way to ease yourself back into physical activity.
What do I need to do/bring?
• Towel, water bottle, bathers.
• For your first class in particular, make sure you eat a light snack approximately 1 hour before.
• Have some small snacks handy for after your class – exercising in water is very different to exercising on land and you may find your first class more tiring than you expect.
Do I need a medical clearance?
• As long as your GP has given you the all clear to perform regular exercise, then no. However if you have had a complicated pregnancy in the past or have any concerns, it’s a great idea to check in with your doctor prior to your first session.
• If you are post natal, then you need to wait until after your 6 week check in with your OB/GP before jumping back into the pool. If you had a complicated delivery, we also recommend getting in touch with Candice or Fiona at Sports & Spinal Physiotherapy who can perform a pelvic floor assessment and ease you back into exercise safely.
What if things change during my pregnancy?
• The benefit of having small classes is that all of our instructors will get to know you on a personal level. If anything changes throughout the course of your pregnancy, make sure you let your instructor know and they will note it on your file. If necessary you will be referred to Candice Lamb at Sports and Spinal (Sunshine Coast) or Rebecca Lackie at Gold Coast Physio for Women for further assessments and treatment.